- Promenade Elementary has three morning bells. The first bell rings at 8:15 a.m. students are escorted to the playground. The second bell, at 8:25 a.m. This bell is a warning to students to line up for class. The third bell rings at 8:30a.m. Students should be in their seats and ready for instruction.
- Our back gate is shut and locked promptly at 8:25 a.m.
- Students, who arrive to class after the 8:30 a.m. bell, will be sent back to the office for a late pass. Students arriving late (not in their seats or with their teacher at 8:30 a.m.) must stop at the office upon arrival and attain a late pass before going to class (this will eliminate any further disruption to instructional time).
Parents are required to notify the school of all absences. Please call 358-1650 anytime your child is absent. This has proven to be a more efficient way of keeping accurate records. Please do not assume that the teacher will notify the attendance clerk of the absence. You must notify the office yourself. If calling in an absence, please use the phone number above. Parents may send a written note upon the student’s return to school. The note/message needs to state the reason for absence or it will remain uncleared. PLEASE NOTE: Any absence left uncleared for more than 72 hours, automatically becomes a Truancy after that 72 hour period.
The following State policy has been implemented and is as follows:
- Going to work with a parent or other family member
- Going to the beach, lake, river or mountains
- Going to a concert
- Getting ready for visitors
- Babysitting or taking care of other family members
- Personal problems
- Repairing the car
- Waiting for service or repair people to come
- A Sick sibling
- Going to a sporting event
- Other reasons not listed but included can be found in the California Education Code, Section 46010 and 48205.
- Parent’s schedule Convenience
- Court appearance
- Religious Holiday, ceremony or retreat (up to 2 hours)
- Illness or injury (Student Only)
- Medical, dental appointment with doctor note (Student Only)
- Funeral service of immediate family member (mother, father, sibling, grandparent) 1 day – California, 3 days out of state.
- Exclusion for lack of immunizations (5 days max)
- Quarantine – with doctor note