Policy and Procedure
McAuliffe Elementary is a place where are students are entitled to feel safe and free from any type of bullying. If bullying is experienced you may complete the Anti-Bullying Protocol sheet and submit it in the Bullying Box in the front office.
Our Protocol is as follows:
- Alvord Unified School District prohibits bullying. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on the actual or perceived characteristics set forth in Penal Code section 422.55 and Education Code section 220; and, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Bullying is defined in Education Code section 48900(r).
- School personnel must immediately intervene if they witness an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying, provided it is safe to do so.
- Acts of discrimination or bullying should be brought to the attention of the principal or his/her designee.
- Anyone may make an anonymous complaint by contacting the principal or designee. The principal or his/her designee must investigate all allegations of bullying and conclude it within 15 school days.
- Any party, who disagrees with the resolution of the complaint, has a right to appeal the decision to the Director of Student Services within 15 calendar days of receiving the decision.
- Complaints of bullying or discrimination will be considered confidential. However, it may be necessary to disclose certain information in order to effectively investigate.
- Students who violate the Alvord Unified School District policies on bullying or discrimination may be subject to discipline, including suspension and expulsion.
- The Alvord Unified School District prohibits retaliation against individuals who make complaints of bullying or provide information related to such complaints.
AUSD BULLYING COMPLAINT FORM
Alvord Unified School District
(AUSD BOARD POLICY 5131.2)
Name of student making report:
Parent/Guardian/Community member (filing this complaint on behalf of a student):
Person(s) your complaint involves:
Incident date(s): Incident location(s):
Did you report this incident of bullying (circle one)? NO YES
If yes, to whom? _____________________________ When/Date?
Please describe your complaint in as much detail as possible. (Use extra paper, if necessary, and attached to this form.)
List the name(s) of all witnesses:
Attach any other documents, related to this complaint, to this form.
- Please submit this form to the school principal or his/her designee/representative.
- If you need assistance completing this form, please contact the school principal or his/her designee/representative.
- Complaints will be investigated and resolved within 15 school days of receipt of this complaint form.